Thursday, February 25, 2021
Board Members Present: Michael D’Alessandro, Tim Hays, Trudy Holand, Blase Spinozzi
Alternate Member: Claire Pizzuti, Esq.
Volunteer Counsel: Joseph Malara, Esq.
First Deputy Town Attorney: David Fried, Esq.
- The meeting convened at 5:05 p.m. A quorum was present.
- The Chair welcomed the members of the Board.
- Tribute to Board Member Doris Friedman. With heavy hearts and an empty chair, the Chair, along with other members of the Board, including a member of the public, shared our sadness and past experiences over the loss of our colleague and dear friend. It was noted that Doris made this world a better place with her smile and wisdom, and charmed everyone who was fortunate enough to have known her. Following these remarks, a moment of silence was observed in Doris’s memory.
- The agenda was unanimously accepted.
- Discussion re amending COE Section 570-8, (a), relieving the Town Clerk of the obligation of notifying anyone who is required to file a Financial Disclosure Form and has not complied with the Code’s requirement to file their form no later than May 15th of any given year, by placing said obligation to notify the individual upon the BOE rather than the Town Clerk; (b) further, by shortening the time for notification from thirty (30) days to ten (10) days past the filing date, at which time the BOE will move to post the non-compliant individual’s name on the town’s website, where it will remain until such time as the Code is complied with.
The BOE agreed on the proposed language to amend Section 570-8, previously sent to the members.The proposed change will be sent to the Town Board for their consideration.
- Correspondence. No Correspondence to report.
- The Chair proposed and all agreed, going forward BOE meetings will be held the fourth Thursday of every month according to the Code’s requirement to have meetings. In the event the fourth Thursday falls on a religious or national holiday, the BOE will reschedule the meeting in accordance with the convenience of the Town and the members of the BOE.
The dates of our next four meetings will be March 25, 2021, April 22, 2021, May 27, 2021, and June 24, 2021.
- The Board went into Executive Session to discuss privileged legal matters with counsel. Unfortunately, during the Executive Session, the Zoom connection was lost, and the meeting abruptly ended at 6:16 p.m.
Submitted by:Trudy Holand, Secretary.