THURSDAY, MAY 20, 2021
BOARD OF ETHICS
Board Members Present: Michael D’Alessandro, Claire Pizzuti, Trudy Holand, Blase Spinozzi
Volunteer Counsel: Joseph Malara, Esq.
First Deputy Town Attorney: David Fried, Esq.
- The meeting convened at 5:02 p.m. A quorum was present.
- The Chair welcomed the members of the Board, Volunteer Counsel, and First Deputy Town Attorney.
- The agenda was unanimously accepted.
- The minutes of the April 22, 2021 meeting were unanimously adopted.
- Update on filling the vacant seat on the Board.
With the passing of the Honorable Doris Friedman, the Board of Ethics has had a vacant seat since February 2021.The Town Board has appointed Ms. Claire Pizzuti, Esq., who had been
serving as an alternate board member, to complete the remaining term of Judge Friedman.The Board of Ethics welcomed Ms. Pizzuti as a full member of the Board.
- Ethics Training. Mr. Fried reported to the Board of Ethics the following have participated in Ethics Training to date: Board and Agency Members 64 percent; Appointed Officers and Elected Officials 94 percent.
Reminders to take the Ethics Training course have gone out by mail and email.The goal is 100 percent.
- Financial Disclosure update by Mr. Fried. At present, compliance is as follows: Board and Agency members 78 percent; Appointed Officers and Elected officials 100 percent.
Mr. Fried reported that the town has verified the names of all required to file a Financial
Disclosure Form. As per the Code of Ethics, those who have not complied by May 15th will be
notified of their obligation to file by the May 15th date, and thirty days thereafter, their names will be sent to the Town Clerk to be posted on the Town’s website.
- Update re amending COE Section 570-8(a). The Chair informed the Board once again that the matter was discussed by the Town Board and will be set for a public hearing. No date for the hearing has been set as of this time.
- Correspondence. The Board was in receipt of two emails from Mr.Hal Samis. The emails were forwarded to the members of the board prior to the meeting.
In response to the current correspondence, Mr. D’Alessandro commented that correspondence should be relevant to the matters at hand. If it refers to a complaint before the Board, the Board would respond accordingly.
10. Date set for next meeting at 5 p.m., Thursday, June 24, 2021, by way of Zoom Videoconference.
- Meeting adjourned at 5:16 p.m.
Trudy Holand, Secretary