TOWN OF GREENBURGH, BOARD OF ETHICS
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2022
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Blase J. Spinozzi, Chair; Trudy Holand, Secretary; Timothy Hays, Member; Claire Pizzuti, Esq., Member.
Also Present: Joseph Malara, Esq., Volunteer Counsel; Thomas Hopkins, Ph.D. (Prospective Member)
Thanks were extended to Mr. Hays for taking over the responsibilities of Secretary at the October 27, 2022 meeting in the absence of Ms. Holand.
- The meeting convened at 6:33 p.m. A quorum was present.
- AGENDA: The agenda for the meeting was unanimously approved.
- MINUTES: The minutes of the October 27, 2022 meeting were unanimously approved.
1/26/23, 2/23/23, 3/23/23, 4/27/23, 5/25/23, 6/22/23, 7/27/23, 8/24/23, 9/28/23, 10/26/23, 11/16/23, 12/28/23.
- Dr. Hopkins advised us that his appointment to the Board of Ethics is imminent upon his completion of Ethics and Sexual Harassment Training, which is scheduled in the very near future. Hopefully, Dr. Hopkins will be a sitting member of the board at the time of our next meeting.
- ETHICS TRAINING: Interim Deputy Town Attorney Joseph Danko informed the Board of Ethics that all training is close to 100%.
- CORRESPONDENCE: The board is in receipt of two emails from a member of the public, neither of which are germane to business before the Board of Ethics. The members had no comment.
- Vacancies on the BoE: The Board of Ethics is still in need of new members and alternate members. Chair Spinozzi advised that he will once again reach out to Mr. Feiner and the Town Board re the urgency to keep the Board of Ethics fully staffed.
- We are saddened by Ms. Pizzuti’s decision to not accept a new appointment to the Board of Ethics at the expiration of her term at the end of 2022. The Chair and members of the board expressed their appreciation to Claire for the contributions she has made to the board, and wished her much success in her future endeavors.
- Tentative meeting dates for year 2023:
- NEXT MEETING DATE: 6:30 p.m., January 26, 2023.
- The meeting adjourned at 6:53 p.m.
SUBMITTED BY:Trudy Holand, Secretary